Ultraplex 3 is a high-performance, multipurpose, extreme pressure (EP) lithium complex grease developed to satisfy the severe lubrication requirements of construction and off-road equipment manufactured by Caterpillar, Komatsu Dresser, Case New Holland, John Deere and others. It is particularly recommended for use in off-highway trucks and heavy equipment, such as bulldozers, motor graders, pipe layers, scrapers, skidders, wheel loaders and soil compactors, operating under heavy or shock load conditions.
Ultraplex 3 is manufactured with high-quality, heavy base oils thickened with a lithium complex soap. It contains an effective extremepressure additive, 3% molybdenum disulfide (moly), a tackifier, and rust and oxidation inhibitors to provide excellent wear protection, as well as excellent corrosion protection and resistance to water washout in equipment operating under wet conditions and/or high temperatures and subject to heavy or shock loading.
- Meets Caterpillar requirements for 3% moly grease
- High dropping point (>500°F)
- High load-carrying capacity
- Excellent wear protection
- Excellent resistance to water washout
- Grey - Black
- Chassis parts and wheel bearings of construction, mining and other heavy mobile equipment.
- Universal joints, constant velocity joints, brake self-adjusting screws and clutch release bearings on off-highway trucks and other heavy equipment.
- Tractor-trailer fifth wheels.
- Heavily loaded plain and rolling-element bearings in industrial equipment where the manufacturer specifies a high-temperature, extreme-pressure grease with 3% moly.
Ultraplex 3 meets the requirements of the following OEM specification:
- Caterpillar Multipurpose Molybdenum Grease (MPGM)